- Know the rules of the game and play by the rules.
- Treat all players, coaches, spectators and umpires as you would like to be treated.
- Play for the “fun of it” and not just to please your parents or coach.
- Never question judgment calls (balls/strikes or safe/out) or argue with an umpire.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of umpires, coaches or other players is not permitted in baseball. Throwing of equipment is not permitted.
- Never use foul or inappropriate language.
- Appreciate good play, whether by your team or your opponent.
- Try to win without boasting, lose without excuses, and never quit.
- Give 100% all the time, and know that how you play is more important than winning or losing.