TPLL would like to create a batting and training facility to support all teams at Granada Field. The TPLL fields we currently utilize (Strawberry, Bel Aire, Reed) are often closed due to rain and our teams miss out on practices. Strawberry has a batting cage, but it is not large enough for multiple teams and we must pay to use it. We do not have any bullpen stations for players to work exclusively on pitching, and most teams simply practice pitching in the outfield. A new batting and training facility will make our practices more efficient, so teams can share practice space and alternate being in the cages. This will free up field time for games, playoffs and rain make-up dates.
Granada Field has plenty of space for us to build a new facility that TPLL players can enjoy throughout the season.
- Safe enclosed 70 foot batting cages, divisible into small segments
- Enclosed pitching facility with adjustable mounds to support all levels of play
- External T and soft toss stations
- External bullpen stations with adjustable mounds to support all levels of play
- Useable immediately after inclement weather
- Capable of supporting more than one team at a time
Want more information? View detailed plans for TPLL Granada Batting/Pitching Complex here: Batting Cage Proposal TPLL Presentation
Based on initial contractor estimates, this project will cost approximately $30,200 for Phase One and from $29,250 – $36,150 for Phase Two. Several TPLL parents and board members have already pledged to donate money to this effort.
Please consider making a donation today to help bring this project to life! Contact the TPLL treasurer today.